Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Unnecessary Roughness


I can’t believe I actually agree with something Kobe Bryant had to say. According to the Los Angeles Times, Bryant said he would have “smacked [Serge Ibaka] in the mouth” for his hard hit below the belt on Blake Griffin.  Late in the fourth quarter Ibaka hit Griffin directly in the groin after missing his opportunity for a rebound. Refs didn’t eject him from the game but the hit was ruled a flagrant foul-1 for unnecessary contact.

I understand that basketball can get pretty intense. I watched the replay several times to make sure I saw it correctly and I still think Ibaka was out of line. He was mad that Griffin pushed his hand and grabbed his jersey so he reacted. He deliberately hit him. Players should never go low, everybody knows that. Ibaka should have been ejected from that game immediately. There’s still no word on whether or not Ibaka will play in OKC’s home game against the Lakers tonight. If he does, I bet he’ll steer clear of Kobe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment