Monday, February 25, 2013

Danica 500


Jimmy Johnson may have won the Daytona 500, but more people were paying attention to the driver that came in 8th. Danica Patrick made history by becoming the first female driver to lead a lap in a race in Nascar's top series.
You'd think a woman as popular as Danica would have a big head head by now, but that's not at all the case. Danica said she was actually disappointed with the finish, and while she's proud to break the record there's still more to accomplish. She made it clear that she doesn't want to be thought of as just a "woman driver", she wants to beat all drivers. She has proven she is just as good as the guys, especially in her most recent races.
In an interview with the New York Times, Danica said, “I think a stat that I found more interesting is only 13 people, including me now, have led Indy and Daytona. I’m honored. But, again, these are things that just happen along the way. I’m on the quest to be the best driver, run up front, get to victory lane. These things happen, and I’m proud, but they’re not the ultimate goal.”
Danica keeps getting better, and I'm sure we can expect a lot more record breaking from her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment