Monday, April 1, 2013

Kevin Ware's Injury Something Bears' Michael Bush Can Relate To

We all either saw or heard at one point or another about Louisville basketball player Kevin Ware's gruesome injury. 

If you haven't...you might need to get out from under your rock and check it out...only if you have the stomach for it!

It was one of the most, if not, THE worst injury I think we've seen in a while. But for Bears' running back, Michael Bush, it hit a little close to home. 

Bush, who also attended Louisville and played football, suffered a similar injury in his first game of his senior year season in 2006.

After Ware's injury, the Twitterverse went crazy. 

Fellow Louisville alum, Bush, also chimed in on the injury and wrote: "Oohhh [expletive] I just cried. I feel so bad. #flashback of myself. Anyone if he needs anything please let me know. #teamware. I can't even get myself together. I don't even wanna watch the rest of this game. His life just changed"(Twitter). 

Just like Bush, Ware underwent surgery and had a metal rod inserted into his leg Sunday night. 

Thankfully, Ware's surgery was successful and even earned a phone call from Bush himself. 

Bush took to Twitter again Monday night and said: "Just spoke with #KevinWare n told me he already up on crutches. #Superhuman (Twitter). 


                                                                    Picture via Twitter

And despite the injury, Louisville did end up winning and earned a trip down to the Final Four. 

It's great seeing people like Bush supporting Ware because it's times like these that you need your support system the most. 

It's unfortunate, but sometimes, it takes a tragedy to bring people together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment