Tuesday, April 16, 2013

All aboard the Band Wagon


Time to start the Chicago baseball band wagon.  The Sox are coming off a really good 2012 season.  People are expecting them to come out this year and win a little more than they have right now.  After dropping games to the Indians and to the Royals the way they did; and the Cubs are blowing games in the ninth, I think it is time to start rooting for another team.

Why not jump on the National League East? They are going to have a spectral season with the Braves winning the way they have been.  As well as the Natioinals, who I think have the potential to repeat what they did last year.  As a Cubs fan personally, I know all about jiumping on band wagons when my normal team is playing as horrible as they have been.

The Cubs should be in first place if they would have been able to close out the last inning better.  It starts to be too much to watch when you see Marmol or the new closer Fujikowa come out and in one inning watch your team drop the game.  Last year when the Cubs played the way they did I had no problem cheering for Hotlanta and this year they are giving me even more of a reason.  Beating top tier teams.  As well as winning the little games like the Marlins.

Atlanta, who lost one of the games best third basemen to ever play the game this year, rebuilt with the addition of the Upton brothers.  I personally did not expect them to produce as well without Chipper Jones, but they proved me wrong.

So while my teams in Chicago are going to play to where you can't make it out of them game sober because watching them loss in this fashion is too harsh, why not just save your liver and jump on another team for the year?  There is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment