Saturday, February 9, 2013

Superbowl fixed?


In my opinion, after watching Super Bowl XLVII, I started questioning if the game could possibly be fixed in some type of way. It may just be coincidence, but after the blackout happened all of the sudden the 49ers came back. The momentum completely shifted and it almost cost the Ravens the Superbowl. My argument is that I think the only reason that was a close game was because of the blackout. Anybody who really knows their sports knows that momentum is a huge factor. Well, Before the blackout at halftime the score was 21-6. After halftime, Jacoby Jones returned the kick to make the game 28-6. Now, its getting out of hand. And what happens...the lights go out! What a coincidence...if it really is one? I will say as a person who know his sports, if those lights don't go out...its a blowout.
 It wouldn't even have been a close game. Now, people may argue that the 49ers were bound to make a comeback, and I wouldn't say they would be completely wrong. Though, I will say that they were not going to make a game out of it. They might have scored some points trying to come back, but I say it would never have been as close. The thing that makes it even more suspicious is the current investigation going on in Soccer right now. If the most popular sport in the world is being "fixed,"what makes us viewers think that these other sports aren't rigged as well?
 A lot of people would never want it to be admitted that sports are fixed, but I wouldn't want to be oblivious to the fact that it could happen. The fact that Baltimore lost such momentum after the blackout was just skeptical to me. I honestly think that the game was getting out of control and somebody didn't want that to happen. I may be completely wrong and this all can just be coincidence. All I will say is you should think about it next time when a bad call is made. Whether it is a bad call; or an odd scenario like a blackout, momentum is real. I think stuff like that can affect a game...just like it did in the Super Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment